Re: Effects of Transient and Cyclic Loads on Structural Elements

YOW....you have a large ball of wax.

 A lot of the effects of percussive vibration have been done as a
proprietary study of some of the "blasting family" demolition companies.
 I've run across a few references and will see if I can dig them up
(including some military ones).

As to the masonary issue....the brick & mortar does not act as
cohesively as slab or other more homegenous methods, and a crack in a
brick&mortar wall is generally an easy fix (more mortar, maybe some
bricks cut to fit the larger gaps.)  I did some of that in Europe as an
engineer soldier in the Army.

In general, transient and cyclic loads answers will depend on the
questions you ask about the materials, loads, etc.  If you can come up
with a semi-standard procedure, that will be great!

Bart Kemper, P.E.