   From:   Bill Polhemus <bpolhem(--nospam--at)swbell.net>@ENRON@EES
   Sent:   Wednesday, August 23, 2000 7:50 PM
   To:     seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
   Subject:  Re: The Patriot

   Yep, one of them took jet fighter training, and was on call to go--and would
   have gone--had the U.S. government seen fit.

   The other was a photographer whose Senator father made a deal with the DoD to
   have bodyguards with him wherever he went. All in the name of "maintaining
   your
   viability within the system".

   Oh, BTW, my stepfather was in the Air Force, and got sent to Thailand where
   he
   worked in a warehouse on a base that serviced B-52s. I guess he "evaded"
   Vietnam, too, huh?

   Finally, one of them has actually run a business, paid taxes and done "real
   work"; the other has fed from the public trough all his life.

   That seems to be somehow relevant to me, too.