Re: The Patriot and some wood framing.

Good point, on staying on course.

especially for those of us outside the good ol' USA.

Any good ideas on how to build a wood frame stud wall, bear some steel
joists on it, and build another bearing wall on top.  My joist seat is 3
3/8" + a 1/4" steel plate on the underside of the joist to keep the wood
bearing plate from crushing.

This project is in a no seismic area.

If I fill this area with 2x8 on the flat I'll need to use 2 ply dimensional
lumber and ply wood.  There would then be 5 plys plus plywood. I'm worried
about shrinkage.  I could make a dry wall control joint in the area.

The contractor is prefabing the wood stud walls and doesn't want to cut
little blocks and plop them in.
This also poses a labour component for the insulation.

Any ideas?

>Your are opening a can of worms here (vietnam stuff). Lets stick to
engineering
>with the occasional joke and sarcasm.
>
>I could easily point out that one candidate for the president of the USA is
>talking about increasing the funds for national defense, yet he went into
the
>air national guard with his dad's assistance to avoid vietnam. While the
other
>presidential candidate volunteered for vietnam (although I doubt he was "In
the
>Shit with the grunts"). Anyway, we could point out ironies all day,
especially
>relating to movies. I'm sure Mel is shedding no tears over not being
shipped off
>to war.
>
>Lets get back to boring old contractor screwed up questions and how do I
fix it
>topics.
>
>-Gerard

in