Sealing Prelim drawings

This topic came up a couple of months ago.

Our corporate attorney finally receive a response.

I thought some of you might be interested.

The California Board of Registration for Professional Engineers recently disciplined a civil engineer for failing to sign a series of preliminary construction documents.  This ruling created a concern among some of you.

Life as you know it will not change!

I recently spoke with a representative from CELSOC about the matter.  He indicated that the discipline action was a result of numerous problems, mostly relating to a complete refusal of the P.E. to identify the professional who prepared the documents.  The concern over the sealing of preliminary documents was overblown.  However, through mutual collaboration between the Board and CELSOC, a clarification to the statute will be made.  They expect the clarification to be adopted by the legislature next year.