Re: Notso Whitty Patriot - Mel Gibson facts

John MacLean wrote:

> Although I do recall the old Navy tradition that some subjects including
> "religion", "politics", "a specific sum of sum of money", "the name of a
> woman" (unless she was a celebrity), etc. were not to be mentioned in the
> officer's mess...

Yeah, it is kinda funny how, every time an "off-topic" message starts up, the
"noise" of those posting to decry its ever having been posted drowns out the
"noise" of anyone actually responding to the information in the post!

My opinion is that if everyone would COMPLETELY IGNORE posts that are off-topic
(maybe allow the list moderator to deal with it privately), these threads would
NEVER proliferate.