Re: Notso Whitty Patriot - Mel Gibson facts

Keith De Lapp wrote:

<<To police the exchange of ideas, yes this includes humor (used here as a
form of social interaction), is self defeating.  After all we are all
professionals, perhaps different but I believe equal. >>

Couldn't agree more. I for one enjoy the little "extras" on the list.

Although I do recall the old Navy tradition that some subjects including
"religion", "politics", "a specific sum of sum of money", "the name of a
woman" (unless she was a celebrity), etc. were not to be mentioned in the
officer's mess on the grounds that the discussion was boring, tended to go
round in circles and would as often as not finish with two men, pistols in
hand, "settling the matter once and for all".

Wonderful how times change!

Cheers,
John MacLean