Re: Local Area Network

Well, we use NT server, and it works great (not the
same software as NT workstation).  It is very stable.
I have never used Novell, and can't really comment on
it.  I know at one time, maybe 4 or 5 years ago, it was
the premier operating system for most corporate
networks.  Now, I believe there are more NT
installations than Novell.  It may be just as good or
better than NT, I just have no experience with it to
say.

The newly released Windows 2000 is supposed to be
better than NT, you may want to check that out also.

Unix or Linux is popular for Web based servers.  We
recently installed our own Web server, and are using
Linux for that.  I think as long as you are just using
your server as a file server, you would want to go with
either NT or Novell.  Application servers, Web Servers
and other kinds of server may work better with
different operating environments.  But, the subject of
our discussion is for a file server for an office of
around 15 people.  All I can say is that NT has worked
well for us.

Lynn