From: Scott E Maxwell [mailto:smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu]
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2000 2:25 PM
To: Seaint
Subject: Re: Anchor Bolts Revisited

I was taught NOT to use "j" anchor bolts.  The reasoning that I was taught
was the concrete in the just above the hook could start to crush as a
tensile load is applied.  As this happens, the hooked portion will start
to straighten out.  The end result is that the "j" anchor bolts (er,
excuse me...that would be "rod" now a days) would pull out of the hole as
someone else stated.

Scott Maxwell, PE, SE