RE: Masonry Shear Pier Design - Balanced

Bill,

The P-M diagram as you describe it does occur in some instances.  Although I
have not had an occasion to develop such a diagram (by hand, of course), I
recall seeing such as you described in handbooks, but I can't remember which
handbook at the present (Amrhein's or ACI ???).

Typically, I will do a 3-point P-M diagram; M = 0, Balanced, and P = 0 and
connect them with straight lines (conservative).

I will try to find the diagrams similar to what you described and send the