RE: Masonry Shear Pier Design - Balanced Strain Condition

Sooo...I'm assuming by the responses I've gotten that no one has done this
by hand, right?

FWIW, based on the section I am looking at, the phi*M-sub-n at P=0 is
greater than phi*M-sub-n at the balanced condition. This could be due to the
amount of steel?? I dunno. The graph just looks wierd, that's all. I also am
using a phi=0.85 at P=0 and a phi =0.60 at P-sub-b.

BTW - the Paulay and Priestley reference sounds pretty good. I'll check it
out.

Regards,

Bill Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
ALLEN DESIGNS