From: Khosrownia, Ghassem SPK [mailto:GKhosrownia(--nospam--at)spk.usace.army.mil]
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2000 10:16 AM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: Updating our structural library

All,

I am getting ready to update our structural code / criteria documents
library and I am not sure what the status of various codes are. I like to
avoid ordering a bunch of outmoded documents. I am looking for the
following:

UBC (97?): Is this totally replaced by IBC 2000?
IBC: Is there an IBC 2001 coming out?
ACI 318-99: Is the IBC not covering it like the UBC used to? Is the
commentary useful any way?
ASCE 7-99? - What is going on with this document?
AISC, LRFD Metric: Is there any new updates to that one? Is AISC planning to
change the color of the cover to something less disgusting than rust? Should
we start a petition for that one? (just kidding guys, don't get too
excited!)
HSS manual: Any news on that one? The latest I know of was the first
edition.

Currently at USACE we are using FEMA for seismic design and rehab of
structures, ASCE 7-95 for wind and other loads, and  ACI 318-95 for
concrete.

Thanks for your input.

Ghassem Khosrownia

US ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS
Sacramento District
Military Design Branch
CESPK-ED-M
1325 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
(916) 557-7347
(916) 557-7841 (Fax)
gkhosrownia(--nospam--at)spk.usace.army.mil