Re: Sealing Prelim drawings

>From my conversation with our corporate attorney from her discussion with the board, not sealing preliminary drawings was a small item of many that the PE was being disciplined on.  However this small item was blown out of proportion mainly by SEAOC.  This supposedly will be clarified in the regs in the future.  It would be nice to hear from someone from the board or close to them on this subject, but from my understanding not signing preliminary drawings will not get you into trouble with the board.

>>> n.roselund(--nospam--at)worldnet.att.net 08/26/00 08:38AM >>>
David,

Thanks for the update.

It would be helpful to know what the problem is that is being solved by the
requirement that the engineer sign and/or seal preliminary drawings.  In my
mind, the requirement poses more problems that it is likely to solve.  One
of the problems being confusion over what that seal and signature means?

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer