RE: Unwanted posts, etc.

Does everyone know what a Kill file is?  It is a list of people/subjects
that automatically go in the round file.  I suggest that everyone use the
kill file to automatically delete the unwanted posts.

Every mail reader I've ever used has one, albeit under different names.
Microsoft Outlook uses the Rules Wizard under the tools menu.  They even
have a wizard for it called "Deleting a conversation". IIRC, Lotus Notes
uses Agents.   Eudora and most PD mail readers just have a kill file.

Bill Polhemus <bpolhem(--nospam--at)swbell.net> wrote:
>My opinion is that if everyone would COMPLETELY IGNORE posts that are
off-topic
>(maybe allow the list moderator to deal with it privately), these threads
would
<NEVER proliferate.