Re: ROBOT MILLENNIUM SOFTWARE

I am very pleased with this software so far. I have used it to analyze
bridges with moving loads. Once you get it, it is very fast and output is
very good. Manuals and documentation are not the best but the customer
service is excellent. I was on the phone with them on Friday for an hour
and a half discussing output for FEM analysis. You can input a tank and add
hydrostatic type loading in a couple of minutes. The elastic foundation
aspect is also very easy to use and fast. Very good for tank farm mat
foundations, etc.
The design aspects were originally geared to the European market but they
have added components for US and Canada. I have found a few bugs in the
design modules, but this has been typical of my experience so far. They are
only in the first version of the Canadian steel design module so small
problems would be expected. As with any software, if you don't know what
your doing, the software is not going to help matters any. It was without
question the best bang for the buck at a special price of $3000 Can.
(regular price was $6000). I highly recommend it.

At 02:55 PM 8/25/00 -0700, you wrote:
>ROBOT MILLENNIUM is a Finite Element Analysis and design software
>for Structural Engineering offered by Integrated Structural Software
>located in Palo Alto, CA 94301.
>
>I am interested in the capabilities of this software, pitfalls etc.
>
>Comments from all users are greatly appreciated.
>
>Thank you in advance.
>
>Desi J. Kiss, M.S., P.E.
>
>The Austin Co.
>Irvine, Ca 92618
>
>e-mail: desi.kiss(--nospam--at)theaustin.com

>*   site at: http://www.seaint.org

David Handy, P.Eng.
dhandy(--nospam--at)trg.ca
The Thompson Rosemount Group, Cornwall, Ont. Canada
Opinions expressed are personal only.