Flowable Backfill

We're designing the reinforced concrete cap for a cylindrical fiberglass wetwell.  The mfgr. calls for the cap slab to bear on perimeter compacted soil.  Since the cap will be at grade with heavy truck traffic, I asked the geotechnical engineer to spec the backfill & compaction.

He recommended "flowable backfill."  Which I understand as basically a weak mix of concrete.  We called a couple of ready-mix plants and they were not familiar with it.  Can someone give us the pros & cons of this stuff and a design mix or a lead to one?  Is it safe to just give the mix design to the plant and have them treat it as a typical concrete order?

Regards,

Ed Fasula E.I.T.