Re: Flowable Backfill

this has been used for about 25 yrs. in So. Cal. Suggest you contact PCA
for specs. Basically we just spec. a "1 sack/cu. yd. mix" or sometimes
for less stringent applications such as no traffic a "1/2 sack/cu. yd.
mix". The aggregate is usually pea gravel max. size. I probably can find
a better spec. if necessary. I'll bet the Readymix Assoc. has a spec.
One of the first uses of this type of backfill was for portions of the
Calif. Aqueduct around 21 ft. dia. pipe near Fresno, Ca. in about 1968.

Stan Scholl, P. E.
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.