RE: Engingeering vacation spots[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Engingeering vacation spots
- From: "Connor, John A NWK" <John.A.Connor(--nospam--at)nwk02.usace.army.mil>
- Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 04:57:48 -0700
West Virginia: New River Gorge Bridge!!!!!!!
Its the longest single span steel arch bridge in the world. The deck is 876 feet above the river.
Every 3rd Saturday of October, the state celebrates the Bridge's anniversary. About 100,000 people show up to walk across the bridge. Many vendors with crafts and flea market stuff line up along the bridge to sell their wares.
Besides checking out the awesome fall foliage, you can also watch 300 BASE jumpers jump from the bridge using parachutes. This will be my 8th year of attending and my 25th jump from the bridge (brag & bull plug).
John Connor, PE
Kansas City, MO
- Prev by Subject: RE: Engingeering vacation spots
- Next by Subject: Re: Engingeering vacation spots
- Previous by thread: Re: Engingeering vacation spots
- Next by thread: re: Engingeering vacation spots