From: PEC - Lake City [mailto:pec(--nospam--at)isgroup.net]
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2000 12:48 PM
To: Seaint
Cc: PEC - Juan Fong; Boehmer,Todd
Subject: Large Sheet Piling

We have a project under construction that requires steel sheet piling with a
minimum moment of inertia of 300 in^4 per linear foot (the allowable
deflection controls rather than the bending stress).  Because it is a
government project, the specs require American made steel products.

The Contractor claims that there is no domestically produced steel sheet
piles with the required moment of inertia.  Any there any
producers/suppliers/piling experts on the list that can verify or contradict
this?

David Finley, P.E.