Re: Engingeering vacation spots

     I'm not from Wisconsin but I have heard about a place called "House on the point" (or something like that).  It was started back in the 50's or 60's by a guy that climed the mountain carrying all that he could to add to it.  Now it is a very large structure full of interesting things including a carousel.

Greg
-----Original Message-----
From: David Bejan Tehranchi <dbt(--nospam--at)dbfinc.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Date: Tuesday, August 29, 2000 9:21 AM
Subject: RE: Engingeering vacation spots

Sloss Furnace in Birmingham, AL.   Nothing interesting as far as "awesome, how did they do that", but rather its an old blast furnace used to separate slag from iron converted into a museum.  Makes you really appreciate the labor involved in just making the steel we use.

Any battleship or aircraft carrier museum is also good.  Some of these ships (larger and more complex than most skyscrapers) were designed, build, and put into service in a period measured in months.  Plus what male child cannot resist seeing the big ships?

David