RE: Engingeering vacation spots - Foothill and No Hands Bridges

The Foothill Bridge is pretty awesome - especially from below or across the
canyon.  About a mile below this bridge is the No Hands Bridge.  This is an
concrete arch bridge constructed in 1910 and supported a railroad that was
used to haul quarry materials to Auburn from Cool.  The bridge was one of
the first reinforced concrete bridges in California and was designed by the
first president of the Structural Engineers Association of California.   It
is also part of the Western States Trail Run (100 miles) which goes from
Squaw Valley to Auburn.

Neil Moore, S.E.