From: Roger Turk <73527.1356(--nospam--at)compuserve.com>
To: SEAOC Listservice <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2000 9:26 AM
Subject: Another GLB finger joint/tension perp. g

During a rain storm yesterday, a portion of the roof of a local Costco store
collapsed.  A photo in this morning's paper indicates that the failure
initiated at a vertical finger joint, followed by tension perpendicular to
the grain failure.

<www.azstarnet.com/public/dnews/000830roofshort.html>

This news article and photo will probably be available on the web site only
today.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona