Re: Seismic Mechanical Restraints

>Remember many mechanical engineers design mechanical
equipment and piping
>systems that are as sophisticated as buildings.  The fact that the
>individual mechanical engineer may not know anything about
static's is
>irrelevant with regards to the question as to who is responsible.

A mechanical engineer that doesnt know anything about
statics.....shouldnt be a mechanical engineer.

Whats the difference between a mechanical engineer and a civil
engineer??? ME's stuff moves....

As someone who has a associates degree in mechanical
engineering and bachelors in civil....there was more than ample
statics and dynamics at the AD level.....its the thermo that drove
me nuts....

Peter McCormack