curtainwall connections

For curtainwall connection design, UBC 1633.2.4.2 and UBC 1632.2
specifically address how to determine the seismic design load. For wind
imply that you would use the same wind pressures as used for the framing and
glass. (in addition to gravity loads) However, in most standard
specifications the statement is maded that connection design loads for winds
shall be increase by 1.25. Does anyone know where this value comes from?

thanks in advance,
Panos