Re: SBCCI Building Code 1994

Bill,

>From what I recall, the SBC is similar to the BOCA code.  I believe that
it tends to adopt the material sections by reference and allow an
alternate for wind loading by using ASCE 7.  For the material sections,
I believe that it primarily relies on the referenced material with some
additions and exceptions that are listed in the actual SBC code book.

I would guess that the SBC 1994 would adopt the 89 ACI code WITH the '92
amendments.

If no one else can answer it, I will check to see if we have a copy at
work tomorrow.

Scott Maxwell, PE, SE