Tilt-up Wall connections

My church is planning an expansion, and one of our members is doing the
architectural work.  The new building will be a multipurpose building with a gym
and classroom space.  The current plan is for the gym to be in the center of the
building with two stories of classrooms surrounding the gym.  The architect
would like to use tilt-up construction for the walls, as this is probably the
least expansive way to go.  I am concerned with using tilt-up because of past
problems during seismic events.  Is there any book, publication, journal
article, etc. that deals with tilt-up panel connections in light of the problems
seen from earthquakes of the last 10 years or so.  I am particularly concerned
with the chord connections between panels.  We are in Zone 3 country up here in
Portland.  Any help is appreciated.

Kipp A. Martin, P. E.
Portland, Oregon