RE: SBCCI Building Code 1994

Bill,

> Does the 1994 SBC incorporate ACI 318-89

Chapter 19 requires design in accordance with Chapter 19 and ACI 318.

> and ASCE 7-93 by reference?

You can design per SBC chapter 16 or by ASCE 7, but not a mixture.  No
specific reference to the year.

> How about AISC? What if any for steel design does it incorporate?

Chapter 21 indicates design to be in conformance with AISC ASD or LRFD, with
additional requirements for seismic areas.

Brian K. Smith, P.E.
Louisiana