Re: Engineering Vacation Spots

I hate to be picky but the fixed link or Confederation Bridge doesn't cross the Bay of Fundy. However, I think a bridge to Nova Scotia is a great suggestion. It would be about 50 km across at this point (Saint John) and would employ some of us structural types for a good number of years into the future.

From: KRALIK Georg -NUCLEAR <georg.kralik(--nospam--at)ontariopowergeneration.com>
To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Engingeering vacation spots

Toronto, Ontario, for example, has a number of such structures:

The CN Tower - it's the worlds tallest free-standing
concrete structure.

The Skydome - baseball (The Blue Jays) and football stadium
with a solid three=ADsection retractable roof.

There is also the recently completed Air Canada Centre -
arena without column obstructions - home of the Toronto Maple Leafs =
hockey
team.

The best part is, they are all within easy walking distance of each =
other,
and this year's ACI Fall 2000 Convention (Oct.15 to 20,2000;  Westin =
Harbour
Castle).

Canada also has other engineering attractions, such as the science =
museums
in Toronto, and in Sudbury
the Link - 13+ kilometer long concrete bridge crossing the Bay of Fundy;

regards,

Daniel A. Estabrooks P.Eng.

Estabrooks Consultants Inc.
133 Prince William Street, Suite 602