Re: SBCCI Building Code 1994

Bill,

I was able to locate a 1994 SBC in our office.  I looked up your
questions.

1994 SBC references ASCE 7-88 for loading.  The code basically said (with
out me doing a more detailed look) that using ASCE 7 will satisfy the
chapter 16 requirements (loads).  The wind section completely uses ASCE 7
except there is an allowed exception included in the SBC for buildings 60
ft or less.

The concrete section references ACI 318-89 with 92 revisions (ACI did not
do a full new code in 92, but did issue a revision).  There are some
modifications and additions contained in the SBC that add to or modify the
ACI code.

The masonry section references ACI 530-92, but again has
additions/modification in the SBC.

The steel section references the 89 ASD and the 93 LRFD specs, and again
has modifications/additions in the SBC.  I could not locate any reference
to AISC's seismic provisions, but I did not look too closely.

Hope that helps,

Scott Maxwell, PE, SE