Auger Cast Piles

Thank you for the clarification.

In general the term "Auger Pile" is a helical steel screw pile.
It is power installed and has many applications.
This foundation system offers attractive benefits in the conservation
of labor, materials and equipment.   And most important of all, it saves
time.
The A. B. Chance Company specializes in this type of application.

Desi Kiss, P.E.

----- Forwarded by Desi Kiss/we/Austin on 08/31/2000 07:43 AM -----

                    "John Riley"
                    <jpriley485@peo        To:     <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
                    plepc.com>             cc:
                                           Subject:     Auger Cast Piles
                    08/30/2000
                    11:58 PM
                    Please respond
                    to seaint

Locally, we call what you've described a "caisson" or a "drilled pier."

An "auger cast pile" is accomplished with an auger having a center pipe
through which concrete is pumped during withdrawal, thus eliminating the
need for steel pipe casing in unstable soil.

John P. Riley, SE
Riley Engineering
Blue Grass, Iowa
319-381-3949