RE: Auger Cast Piles

>From the original thread, we are using 16 inch and 24 inch diameter piles
with lengths 60 feet to 80 feet.  As previously described, the auger is
drilled to final pile depth then concrete is pumped down the center of the
auger as the auger is pulled up.  To me, it is a take off of pressure
grouting.  After the auger is removed the rebar cage with special spacers
is pushed into the wet concrete.  The concrete is a special wet design with
pea gravel.  Also, the rebar only goes down the first 25 to 30 feet.  For
tension piles an additional single #8 bar is installed down the middle for
the full length of the pile.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Duke/Fluor Daniel

---------------------- Forwarded by Tom Hunt/DFD on 09/01/2000 10:18 AM

"George Richards, P.E." <george(--nospam--at)BORM.com> on 09/01/2000 08:45:47 AM