Re: "Special" K-Joist vs. KCS Joist

It has been my experience that "SPECIAL JOISTS" are less expensive than KCS Joists due to the heavier members used to build the KCS (due to the design criteria). I personally prefer to use the KCS for all of the reasons others say they prefer them....however, we have clients who "insist" that we use the "SPECIAL JOIST" design for all of their SITE ADAPTED "PROTOTYPE" buildings due to the volume of steel they are buying and the "STRINGENT" guidelines their "chosen" contractors must follow....ie they "must" place the RTU's as indicated on the drawings...if they don't they get the almighty "AX" from the coveted list of "approved" contractors....