RE: "Special" K-Joist vs. KCS Joist

I had a similar discussion with one of Vulcraft's design engineers.  She
told me that the KCS joist cost about twice as much as the standard K joist.
My practice of late has been to specify the loads on the drawings, or design
a standard K joist with an allowable shear and moment to envelope the
actual.  By the way, did you get the fax?

Brian K. Smith, P.E.