RE: Engineering Vacations

>The Mall of America - world's largest mall.  Your wife would love the
>shopping and the kids would love the indoor amusement park.  The coolest
>part, tho', is LEGOLAND.  They have 20' dioramas made from Lego's.
This is our monument to wretched excess--save your time and check out our
collection of bridges across the Mississippi, Fort Snelling, the old
limestone buildings in the milling district along Main Street in
Minneapolis and across the river (couple of neat old bridges near there
including the Stone Arch bridge dating from 1880, now a ped/bikeway) the
railway museum in Duluth--lots of neat stuff for the steam locomotive
freak. Or the remains of the open pit iron mines up north on the range.
There are also a series of locks and dams along the Mississippi by which
we avoid floods to save as much runoff as possible for the folks south of
us.

And be sure and ask about the world's largest collection of Sven and Ole
jokes (equivalent to Bubba and Earl jokes in the Old Confederacy) from
any passing Minnesotan. Of course you won't want to miss King's Bar along
Central Avenue where Jerry Lundegard met the kidnappers in the first
scene of 'Fargo.'

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw