Composite Floor Slab - Construction Joints[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Composite Floor Slab - Construction Joints
- From: "Bobby Jenkins" <jei(--nospam--at)netbci.com>
- Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 14:13:51 -0500
Greetings and Salutations:
I recently designed a three story building using composite floor beams and girders for the second and third floors. The bays are 25'-0 square. The floor is 150'-0 x 200'-0, (30,000 SF / floor). The floor is a total of 4" thick on 1 1/2" composite deck. In addition to the mesh, we have #4 x36" at 12"OC placed 3/4" clear top of the slab at all beams and girders.
The question is this: Are there any rules of thumb or reference materials available to define the type and spacing of floor joints?
Bobby Jenkins, P.E.
Jenkins Engineering, Inc.
PO Box 2101 / 218 S Thomas St Suite 209
Tupelo, MS 38803
(662)840.1233 V / (662)840.1103 F
- Prev by Subject: Re: Composite Beam Retrofit
- Next by Subject: Composite Floor Slab - Construction Joints
- Previous by thread: Re: Deep Column Moment Frames
- Next by thread: Composite Floor Slab - Construction Joints