Re: Auger Cast Piles

Make sure your specifications are tight and don't let the auger cast pile
contractor submit a bid using different specifications (that's what almost
all of the bidders did on the couple of projects I've done with auger cast
piles).  They can make a large mess, so cleanup needs to be addressed in the
specs.  Most of the contractors want the site graded to top of pile
elevation or greater.  Also, good, constant inspection by qualified
personnel is vital.

David Finley, P.E.