RE: Designing Steel Connections - What Is Required On Drawings?

In "post-Kansas City", the engineer of record (EOR) is ultimately
responsible for "design" of structural connections. If the EOR leaves any
design, connection selection, or detailing up to the contractor/steel
detailer, the EOR should review the shop drawings (and calculations, if
applicable) since the EOR will be responsible for the connection detail. If
the steel details are fully detailed on the sealed construction documents, I
would think that someone else could perform the shop drawing review - but
they would have to contact the EOR before any changes could be made relative
to the EOR's sealed drawings.