RE: Auger Cast Piles

Hassan,

Bentonite slurried drilled piers are quite common in the US, and have been
used for many years.

What has been changing is the auger cast pile industry.  The generally
accepted maximum size in the 1970's was 16 inch.  The drilling equipment is
much more powerful these days, and the maximum diameters are now 30 inch.
Large diameter auger cast piles are now less expensive than bentonite
slurried drilled piers in many markets.

You have the same issues of location of the rebar cage.  But the auger cast
pile has superior skin friction.

Regards,
Harold Sprague