From: José Velásquez <josemvv(--nospam--at)LatinMail.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2000 6:45 PM
Subject: Modeling Cable Behavior in SAP2000

> Hello my friends,
>
> My name is Joseph and I am from Peru. I need to know how to model the
behavior of cables in the SAP2000 (including non-linear behavior) because I
am modeling a cable-stayed bridge but I think SAP2000 is not capable to
compute only axial forces (tensions). How about a suspensin bridge ? Even
when I model a cable as little frame elements conected in a parabola curve
with moment releases at the ends, the program can't make the analysis
because it tells me that it didn't find some stifnees coefficients at the
degrees of freedom of rotation. If anybody is able to help me, I will be
very thankful.