RE:Modeling Cable Behavior in SAP2000

I suggest you use GT-Strudl. They have an element specifically for cable
elements.  I've used it to model both a cable-stayed bridge and a non-planar
suspension bridge.  You can contact Leroy Emkin, the Director of the
Computer Aided Structural Engineering Center at
email: leroy.emkin(--nospam--at)ce.gatech.edu or visit their website at
www.gtstrudl.gatech.edu.

Mark Jones
Jacobs Engineering