Underpinning

Title: Underpinning

Zachary Goswick asked for underpinning references.

"The Design and Construction of Engineering Foundations", edited by F.D.C. Henry,2nd Edition,Chapman and Hall,1986 has a section on underpinning.

Another book with a section on underpinning is "The Design of Foundations for Buildings",Johnson and Kavanagh,McGraw-Hill,1968.

Also, I once owned a book by Spencer,White and Prentiss (one of the pioneering US firms in underpinning) which was devoted to the subject. I forget the title. It may have had the words "cofferdams" and "underpinning" in the title.

Frank Hartzell
frank.hartzell(--nospam--at)jacobs.com