RE: Seismic forces from industrial equipment

You need to get the ASCE 7-98.

Industrial towers, equip, etc. are not excluded.  The father of both the 97
UBC and the ASCE 7-98 is the 1997 NEHRP Provisions (FEMA 302).  Specifically
what you are seeking will be contained in Chapter 14.  The Appendix of
Chapter 14 is being modified to be adopted for the 2000 NEHRP.  One of the
primary authors of the ASCE "Guidelines for Seismic Evaluation and Design of
Petrochemical Facilities" (Frank Hsiu) also serves on the NEHRP technical
subcommittee that developed Chapter 14 of the NEHRP Provisions.

Regards,
Harold Sprague