Re: Engineering logic

After applying some simple algebra to some trite phrases and cliches a
new understanding can be reached of the secret to wealth and success.

Here it goes.
Knowledge is
Power
Time is
Money,... and, as every engineer knows: Power is Work
over Time.

So, substituting algebraic equations for these time worn bits of
wisdom, we get:

K = P
(1)
T = M (2)
P = W/T (3)

Now, do a few simple substitutions:

Put W/T in
for P in equation (1), which yields: K = W/T (4)

Put M in for T into equation (4), which yields:
K = W/M (5).

Now we've got something. Expanding back into English, we get:

Knowledge
equals Work over Money.
What this MEANS is that:

1. The More
You Know, the More Work You Do, and

2. The More
You Know, the Less Money You Make.

Solving for Money, we get:
M = W/K (6)

Money equals Work Over Knowledge.

>From equation (6) we see that Money approaches infinity as
Knowledge approaches 0, regardless of the Work done.

What THIS MEANS is:

The More you
Make, the Less you Know.

Solving for Work, we get
W = M K (7)

Work equals Money times Knowledge .

>From equation (7) we see that Work approaches 0 as Knowledge
approaches 0.

What THIS MEANS is:
The stupid
rich do little or no work.

Working out the socioeconomic implications of this breakthrough is
left as an exercise for the reader.

:-)

Jimmy  C.......(hisself)