Re: Engineering logic

In a message dated 9/6/2000 8:07:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jimmycccccc(--nospam--at)email.msn.com writes:

<< After applying some simple algebra to some trite phrases and cliches a
 new understanding can be reached of the secret to wealth and success.

 Here it goes.
 Knowledge is
 Power
 Time is
 Money,... and, as every engineer knows: Power is Work
 over Time.

 So, substituting algebraic equations for these time worn bits of
 wisdom, we get:

 K = P
 (1)
 T = M (2)
 P = W/T (3)

 Now, do a few simple substitutions:

 Put W/T in
 for P in equation (1), which yields: K = W/T (4)

 Put M in for T into equation (4), which yields:
 K = W/M (5).

 Now we've got something. Expanding back into English, we get:

 Knowledge
 equals Work over Money.
 What this MEANS is that:

 1. The More
 You Know, the More Work You Do, and

 2. The More
 You Know, the Less Money You Make.

 Solving for Money, we get:
 M = W/K (6)

 Money equals Work Over Knowledge.

 From equation (6) we see that Money approaches infinity as
 Knowledge approaches 0, regardless of the Work done.

 What THIS MEANS is:

 The More you
 Make, the Less you Know.

 Solving for Work, we get
 W = M K (7)

 Work equals Money times Knowledge .

 From equation (7) we see that Work approaches 0 as Knowledge
 approaches 0.

 What THIS MEANS is:
 The stupid
 rich do little or no work.

 Working out the socioeconomic implications of this breakthrough is
 left as an exercise for the reader.

 :-)

 Jimmy  C.......(hisself)

If this is the kind of work on which you waste your and our time, then your
engineering logic is correct.

Oshin Tosounian, S.E.
Los Angeles, CA