Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Washington state SE registration

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
So, what is the order of examinations?

Structural I at PE license?
Structural II and III at SE license?

--- Paul Crocker <paulc(--nospam--at)> wrote:
> A few years ago, Washington state changed their laws such that an engineer
> can get an SE without first getting a PE, and with the same experience
> requirements as for a PE.  This was done as a part of a streamlining
> government program and was probably unintentional.  The law has since then
> been changed back to its original form (with SEAW lobbying), meaning that
> you will need two years of structural experience after getting a PE to
> qualify to test for the SE.  I believe that the revision of the law back to
> its old form will take a while to take effect, and you can still take the SE
> without the PE for another year or so.  In either case, there are three
> tests that you need to take to get the SE.  The first two are the Structural
> I and II which are (almost) nationally uniform like the PE exam.  You can
> contact for more information about those exams.  The
> Structural III is state specific, and is taken the same weekend as the
> Structural II.  I have heard that it is largely seismic, but I haven't yet
> taken it personally.  
> Paul Crocker
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Khosrownia, Ghassem SPK [mailto:GKhosrownia(--nospam--at)]
> Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2000 2:18 PM
> To: SEA International (E-mail)
> Subject: Washington state SE registration
> Any one knows what is up with the changes in the law of registration as an
> SE in Washington state? I was just talking with somone there who did not
> seem to know it all, but she said the laws have changed and there are now
> three levels of tests we need to pass to be registered. Is that true?
> Ghassem.

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - Free email you can access from anywhere!

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* *** 
*   Read list FAQ at: 
*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers 
*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To 
*   subscribe (no fee) to the list, send email to 
*   admin(--nospam--at) and in the body of the message type 
*   "join seaint" (no quotes). To Unsubscribe, send email 
*   to admin(--nospam--at) and in the body of the message 
*   type "leave seaint" (no quotes). For questions, send 
*   email to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you 
*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted 
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web 
*   site at: 
******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********