From: Adair, Joel [mailto:JAdair(--nospam--at)Halff.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2000 9:42 AM
To: 'SEAINT List'
Subject: Warped Roof Joists

We have a project of an industrial warehouse in Reynosa, Mexico where the
roof joists have been erected with a significant sweep and twist.  We are
presently evaluating whether we should reject the erected structure and
require readjustments.  Does anybody know of any standard (perhaps from SJI
or other) that addresses the maximum allowable sweep and twist of a joist
in-place?  Also, how does this out-of-alignment affect the strength of the
joist?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

-- Joel

Joel Adair, EIT