Column splices

AISC provides suggested typical column splices in their design manuals (LRFD
Vol. II pgs 11-72 thru 11-91 or ASD Vol. II pgs D-6 thru D-25).  The manuals
explain that these are designed for stability during erection against wind,
construction and accidental loading.  Can anyone tell me what assumptions
were made for magnitude of force and point of action?

Thanks for your help.

William Pulyer PE
Charlotte, NC