FW: Ductility for Curvature

I assume that you are talking about R/C members.  But are you referring to
columns, beam, or walls?

Are you looking for 1) statistical data on curvature ductility reserves for
members in general, when designed according to code (which code?), or are 2)
you looking at how to determine the reserve curvature ductility for a
specific member?

If you are looking at 1), then I can't offer any help.

If you are looking at 2), my best recommendation would be Paulay &
Priestley's "Seismic Desing of R/C and Masonry Buildings".  For a more in
depth explanation of moment curvature derivation, look at "Reinforced
Concrete Structures" by Paulay and Park.  The back issues of the ACI
Structural Journal also contain a number of reports on studies of inelastic
deformations in R/C beams, columns and walls which might prove helpful.

Probably the best known (and oldest, I think) M-phi analysis program is
BIAX, which you can get from a number of sources (let me know if you want
the address info, I can't remember off hand where I obtained it from).  But
be advised, it is a cumbersome program (DOS based), and it does give some
puzzling results as a consequence of the algorithm it uses (at least IMO).
Better to just make a spreadsheet (takes a while, though).

Hope this helps, but if not, try supplying some specifics on just what it is
you are looking to find.

T. Eric R. Gillham PE
PO Box 3207 Agana Guam 96932
Ph: (671) 477-9224