omega level forces

I am currently involved in some SCBF building projects and the question
has come up as to whether we need to design the foundation system for
omega level seismic forces.  Using the 1998 CBC we are required to check
the brace connections, the columns (@ braces), and the collector elements
for this increased force level.  (we could look for the "week link" to find
the
maximum force that can be transfer to the system, but have opted out of that
one)
We have debated whether the anchor bolts, baseplates, and foundation system
would also need to be checked (@ strength levels) for the omega level force.
We are using the allowable stress design provisions (Division V) (DSA
doesn't
allow use of LRFD even though Division V seems to be LRFD in disguise)

Mark Pemberton, P.E..