SI vs US units

At the risk of being obnoxious once again, let me give a few comments on
the units thing.

I was trained in inches and kips and think that way most of the time.
However, I was forced to use SI units when I did my first project on BS
codeand later when I had a minor brush with Australian Standard and
AASHTO LRFD (SI edition).  Although initially, I would always convert
all moments into kip-ft and beam sections into inches to make sense out
of what I was doing, I now find using kN and mm much better.
    The reason is that when a junior engineer makes a mistake, its
usually to a factor of 1000 and then it is so much easier to catch.  Try
it and then one day perhaps we'll all have one set of units.
    (Unfortunately, I cannot always be on SI as the damn architects
always do things in inches and eighths!)

S A Masroor