Suggested Details - HSS Column Embedded in Concrete Masonry

Still knockin' the rust off... Believe it or not, I used to DO all this stuff,
but just five years have made a difference in my "remembery" (as my little girl
used to say).

What I've got is a column--say a pipe or square shape--set in the cell at the
end of a masonry wall. Grouted, of course.

Now, the trick is that this wall ends, and the diaphragm forces continue in a
girder that frames into the column on the other side from the wall. Of course, I
want to transfer the drag strut forces into the wall, but am squeamish about
what sort of positive, never fail connection to make to the wall--especially
since this wall is the ONLY thing that's going to grab the drag strut forces (in
other words, it's going to get ALL the compression and ALL the tension force
from the drag strut.

Has anybody got a suggested detail for the vicinity of the
girder-to-column-to-masonry wall area? This thing has turned out to be a real
booger!

Thanks for your suggestions.